Revolution 60 Release Date Failures
Revolution 60 for iOS was completed in 2013. A little-known fact, however, is that the game's PC release has been in a perpetual state of "about to release" for over 2 years now. This page will go over each and every case of Wu claiming to bring Revolution 60 to PC, and explain how she has missed, until September of 2016, virtually every single one.
- 1 July 31st, 2013 - DEADLINE #1
- 2 June 20th, 2014
- 3 July 31st, 2014
- 4 October 2014
- 5 November 6th, 2014
- 6 November 24th, 2014
- 7 December 25th, 2014
- 8 January 2015
- 9 February 1st, 2015
- 10 March 12, 2015
- 11 July 18th, 2015
- 12 August 12th, 2015
- 13 August 14th, 2015 - DEADLINE #2
- 14 September 4th, 2015
- 15 September 18th, 2015
- 16 September 26th, 2015
- 17 October 31st, 2015
- 18 November 3rd, 2015
- 19 December 21st, 2015
- 20 December 27th, 2015 - DEADLINE #3
- 21 January 1st, 2016 - DEADLINE #4
- 22 January 4th, 2016
- 23 January 6th, 2016 - DEADLINE #5
- 24 January 7th, 2016 - DEADLINE #6
- 25 January 16th, 2016
- 26 February 3rd, 2016
- 27 February 8th, 2016 - DEADLINE #7
- 28 February 13th, 2016
- 29 February 15th, 2016
- 30 February 25th, 2016
- 31 February 26th, 2016
- 32 March 12th, 2016
- 33 March 20th, 2016
- 34 March 29th, 2016
- 35 April 4th, 2016
- 36 April 6th, 2016
- 37 April 15th, 2016
- 38 April 24th, 2016 - DEADLINE #8
- 39 April 25th, 2016
- 40 May 4th, 2016 - DEADLINE #9
- 41 May 5th, 2016
- 42 May 6th, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #1
- 43 May 10th, 2016
- 44 May 13th, 2016
- 45 May 16th, 2016
- 46 May 18th, 2016 - LAUNCH ABORTED
- 47 June 1st, 2016
- 48 June 2nd, 2016
- 49 June 16th, 2016
- 50 August 4th, 2016 - DEADLINE #10
- 51 August 16th, 2016
- 52 August 17th, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #2
- 53 August 18th, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #3-4
- 54 August 29, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #5
- 55 September 6, 2016 - ACTUAL RELEASE
- 56 References
July 31st, 2013 - DEADLINE #1
- The first announcement after the success of the Kickstarter gives us the first deadline, with an estimated release date of August 2014.
June 20th, 2014
- Giant SpaceKat claims that the PC version of Revolution 60 will be out in the next few months, apparently on-schedule.
- GSX actually offers a beta version for backers. After reaching out to multiple backers who would talk to the Kiwi Farms, we have been unable to substantiate any copies actually being given to backers for testing.
July 31st, 2014
- At this point the PC version has been in development for a year. Wu claims GSX has "no bigger focus" than the PC version.
- This is also right before Brianna Wu's ill-starred foray into the GamerGate Controversy began.
- The game purportedly "shipped" this week to meet the deadline.
- More prattling about the positive coverage Revolution 60 has received is seen here.
- The first deadline (of August 2014) for the PC release is fast approaching...
- Deadline #1 (August 2014) has been missed. It was missed without any fanfare from Wu whatsoever, who didn't even mention it until two months later.
- At this point there has been no coverage of Revolution 60 and its PC launch for roughly 2 and a half months.
- The "All this bullshit" Brianna Wu speaks of was the incident in which she claimed to have been forced from her home by GamerGate.
- At this point, the game is "Almost done," despite Wu claiming it shipped back in June.
November 6th, 2014
- PC version is "nearly ready to go" and will be out "very soon"
- Brianna Wu again blames GamerGate for her failure to ship.
- Giant SpaceKat explains that they had to change the interface for the PC version, begging the question of what they were doing with the PC version for over a year.
- The post links to a Vimeo trailer for the PC version
- The first mention of the upcoming graphical enhancements is here.
November 24th, 2014
- Brianna Wu again blames GamerGate for her ongoing failure to ship.
- For the fourth time in a row, Brianna Wu claims that Revolution 60 is "ready to go."
- The Kiwi Farms thread on Brianna Wu went up a mere five days earlier.
December 25th, 2014
- This is an excerpt from Giant SpaceKat's Tumblr. Tumblr does not keep exact dates past a certain point, hence the lack of an exact date in January.
- It is very likely from early in the month, as the Jace Connors Incident would begin on January 14th.
- The Patreon for paying Natalie O'Brien begins here. Where the money goes later proves troubling for Giant SpaceKat.
- Both Cupcake Crisis and Project: Gogo are things that Wu has given no information on whatsoever beyond an abysmal trailer for the former and an unclear synopsis of the latter.
- Five months after the scheduled release date, Brianna Wu once again claims, now for the fifth time, that the game is "almost done."
February 1st, 2015
- First appearance of the new action command system mentioned on November 6th, 2014.
- The game is put in for "Final Testing."
- Four days after this, Brianna Wu would be caught false-flagging herself whilst logged into her developer account. She would close the forums for Revolution 60 afterwards, citing "GamerGate Harassment."
March 12, 2015
- In a simultaneous Facebook post and the first update to the Kickstarter page since July 2014, GSX again blame GamerGate for the delay to the PC release.
- This is the first appearance of the "just finishing up the lighting" excuse which would continue for the next 18 months
- Brianna claims that the game is "done except for skeletal meshes," after previously been put in for "Final Testing" over a month ago and "shipping" in August of 2014.
- The infamous PAX East Incident, in which Brianna Wu claimed to feel not-safe-enough to attend PAX East and then subsequently did anyway, is prominently mentioned here.
- With the PC release now 7 months overdue, Kickstarter backers start to get antsy.
- Brianna Wu reacts with hostility when questioned over it, as is her general way by now.
July 18th, 2015
- By this point, there has been no updates about Revolution 60 in over three months.
- First view of the new costumes from the "Special Edition."
- Giant SpaceKat claims "Two New Costumes, and We Can Ship!" This marks the third time that GSX has claimed something along these lines.
August 12th, 2015
- It has now been over a year since the first deadline.
- In an Instagram post, Brianna Wu claims the "Ship date is nigh!"
- The screenshot is still using the old visuals with the original lighting system, curiously enough.
August 14th, 2015 - DEADLINE #2
- Brianna's fictional assistant "Natalie O'Brien" posts an update to the Kickstarter page for the first time in five months to announce that the game will launch in October 2015.
- Despite GSX's earlier claims of its launch being "nigh," this launch date is about two months away.
- It is also over a year from when the project was first "almost done."
September 4th, 2015
- Giant SpaceKat Studios appears to finally be on-target for a launch.
- It brings up the prospect of offering Steam Trading Cards. This is something that likely should have been discussed and taken care of ages ago.
September 18th, 2015
- With little over a month to go, Giant SpaceKat shows off the new visuals.
- She refers to the release as "eminent." This misspelling will be a reoccurring one.
September 26th, 2015
- This is the icon for Revolution 60 on IOS. An edited version of it has been used to show how every character in Revolution 60 has the same structure.
- One-word promotion: "Soon."
- The original Revolution 60 for IOS is taken off the market as of this week, and no longer available for download.
October 31st, 2015
- Deadline #2 is missed at the end of October. Wu claims that the game is "done," except for visual polish, and will be out soon.
- Wu urges fans to not rush her over it.
November 3rd, 2015
- After a storm of criticism for flunking her own October deadline for the PC release, and now being 15 months overdue, Brianna claims her critics are all GamerGaters
- She claims she is finishing "polishing" and will not release the game until it is "perfect"
December 21st, 2015
- Wu claims that Revolution 60 won't ship until it's done, citing Valve as an example of this in action.
- In a bizarre example of how small GSX actually is, Brianna Wu suddenly claims she alone is reworking everything in the game.
- Another appearance of the "redoing the lighting" excuse that she first used in March 2015 and would continue using repeatedly until September 2016
- Wu claims that "the PC version is playable, beginning to end." This begs many questions: What was its state when it was "almost done" 14 months ago? Or when it was in "final testing" 10 months ago?
December 27th, 2015 - DEADLINE #3
- Wu announces that the PC port of Revolution 60 will launch "first week of 2016."
- This would be three months after the game was "done" but Giant SpaceKat Studios was adding "visual polish" on October 31st, 2015.
- As of today, Revolution 60 for IOS has been completely unavailable for download for three months.
January 1st, 2016 - DEADLINE #4
- Deadline #3 [first week of January] has been abandoned 4 days after its initial announcement. This marks the first instance of a deadline being killed off pre-emptively; all the others so far have been hallmarked by waiting until weeks afterwards to comment upon the game's failure to launch and then claiming it is "almost done."
- Deadline #4 is now set as January 14th, 2016.
- The game is now described as a "massive, massive upgrade" despite Brianna Wu having talked about nothing but visual edits for almost every update so far.
- As of today, it has been over 16 months since Brianna Wu first claimed that Revolution 60 was "almost done."
January 4th, 2016
- Deadline #4 is 10 days away.
- Brianna Wu is still using the "relighting" excuse that she began using in March 2015 (see above)
- Wu claims that Revolution 60 will be submitted to Steam "any day now."
January 6th, 2016 - DEADLINE #5
- In a bizarre occurrence, an interview with Brianna Wu leads to a completely separate ship date: February 29th, 2016. This update is not listed anywhere on the projects page, leaving fans questioning its authenticity.
- There is no mention whatsoever of Deadline #4's progress in this interview, leading to two separate ship dates: One listed directly via Giant SpaceKat, and one via this interview.
January 7th, 2016 - DEADLINE #6
- Deadline #4 [second week of January] has been abandoned 6 days after its announcement. This is the second deadline killed off prematurely.
- There are still two separate Deadlines in play: January 21st and February 29th.
- Wu will later update the former to the 22nd. It was probably a typo as she corrected it within minutes.
- Brianna Wu is once again hostile towards a curious long-time supporter for asking about the game, accusing them of being GamerGate.
- The "bit event" she will be attending will later be revealed to be a trip to Disney World.
January 16th, 2016
- Nine days after Deadline 6 was set, and another six days before it hits, Wu claims that the PC version of Revolution 60 is coming "Very soon."
- Wu has now claimed some permutation of "soon" or "almost done" for Revolution 60 on 18 separate occasions.
- As of today, The Giant SpaceKat Studios Website has listed the initial October 15th launch date for the last 3 months.
February 3rd, 2016
- Deadline #6 has passed. Wu fails to acknowledge the failure to ship.
- Wu starts losing control here, and has wound up blocking several supporters for asking about Revolution 60.
- "As soon as it's done" is the only detail she gives for now.
February 8th, 2016 - DEADLINE #7
- Three copies of this video were uploaded to Giant SpaceKat's Vimeo Channel. People noticed and Giant SpaceKat Studios pulled them, but not before the Kiwi Farms Succeeded at saving a copy and hosting it.
- Deadline #7 is for sometime in March.
- We're back up to two Deadlines, this one in March and the other for February 29th.
February 13th, 2016
- The fact that Revolution 60 for iOS has been unavailable for roughly four months now is brought up.
- Another generic "Soon" availability update.
February 15th, 2016
- The release is once more "eminent," as it was on September 18th, 2015.
- Several on the Kiwi Farms make joke that Wu intentionally worded it this way to avoid saying it would be soon, and thus insist the game would be great.
February 25th, 2016
- Wu emphatically replies that the PC launch and iOS relaunch of Revolution 60 will be out "Very very very very soon."
- She then claims that it will release in "the next few weeks."
- There are four days before the expiration of Deadline #5.
- Wu's announcement of "a few weeks" does coincide with Deadline #7.
February 26th, 2016
- Wu announces a "twitter break" to focus on her deadlines, but just two days later is back on Twitter posting John Oliver videos, suggesting her focus wasn't exactly laser-sharp
- Whatever these Deadlines are, it is highly unlikely that they could be in any way connected to Revolution 60, given that the game was in "final testing" over 13 months ago.
- Wu's hiatus was suspiciously timed, mostly occurring in the aftermath of the revelation that she had none of the credentials she claims to in terms of schooling. It's very likely she may have done actual work, but given the track record she has shown in this article alone, the veracity of that must be questioned.
March 12th, 2016
- Deadline #5 [February 2016] has been missed without any fanfare. Only Deadline #7 remains.
- Once again Wu's paranoia takes hold as she accuses a supporter of being Gamergate
- This tweet took place on the same day as Brianna Wu's infamous SXSW appearance. Despite her appearance there and promoting Revolution 60 at said appearance, the game remains unavailable for both IOS and PC alike, resulting in a missed PR opportunity.
- Brianna Wu proceeds to pawn off not knowing about the game's progress on her fictional assistant Natalie O'Brien. This was mere days after Natalie had been called into question by a Patreon sponsor.
- Note that her reactions imply she has no real part in the development or release of the game despite repeatedly claiming that she herself was working her ass off by herself for the bulk of these updates.
March 20th, 2016
- Brianna attempts to pawn the release date and lack of knowledge about it on Amanda Warner, the erstwhile Giant SpaceKat Studios co-founder who by this stage is thought to have abandoned the company.
- Another appearance of the infamous "just finishing off the lighting" excuse, although this time Wu feigns ignorance of the progress of this and implies Amanda is dealing with it, despite earlier claiming that Wu herself was redoing the lighting by hand all by herself
- In fact, Amanda Warner has made no mention of Revolution 60 on her twitter account since the end of 2014.
March 29th, 2016
- This tweet dates back to Wu repeatedly trying and failing to get Unreal to run on her Mac laptop, prompting her to consider a windows machine before she found a way, apparently, to accomplish this.
- Wu claims she only has to fix "Literally two things and she can ship Revolution 60" before Deadline #7 has been missed. Only two days remain.
April 4th, 2016
- Deadline #7 has now been missed.
- Wu claims that Revolution 60 is now "essentially done."
- The claim that Revolution 60 has been on the very precipice of release has now been made over a dozen times now since August of 2014.
April 6th, 2016
- Wu indicates the game is, again, very close to release.
April 15th, 2016
- Brianna Wu unveils Revolution 60 to a crowd at The University of North Alabama.
- The twitter of said university gives it a nebulous "coming soon."
April 24th, 2016 - DEADLINE #8
- Over a month after the last missed deadline, Brianna Wu claims Revolution 60 will be submitted for Steam's approval this week.
- Brianna Wu pairs the announcement with an Easter Egg for Revolution 60. The game has been unavailable on any platform for download for over six months.
April 25th, 2016
- The situation of Brianna Wu claiming "one more thing" to wrap up Revolution 60 now has occurred over a dozen times.
May 4th, 2016 - DEADLINE #9
- Deadline #8 has now been missed.
- Despite her claim on April 24th, 2016, Giant SpaceKat Studios remains undestroyed by meteors.
- A new Deadline is set, saying that Giant SpaceKat will release to Steam "first thing in the morning," and the IOS Version first thing Monday.
- This sudden drive to get the game ready and online is unquestioningly because of ongoing pressure from the game's Kickstarter backers, who were threatening to take action if Revolution 60 - now almost two years overdue - did not see release soon.
- Two days prior to this post, Brianna Wu swore to bring the game "This week" to Steam, bringing the total number of times she intended to "bring it to Steam" and did not do so to six.
May 5th, 2016
- Deadline #9 has now been missed. This one in less than a day.
- Despite Wu's initial claims on May 4th, Steam's Database for Revolution 60 shows no new submissions, indicating she did not submit it to Steam as promised.
- It is unclear if she meant that the IOS or Steam Version would be released within the week.
- It's very clear that Revolution 60 is the game in question; Cupcake Crisis has seen nothing beyond some trailers and Gogo was nothing but a proof-of-concept intended for VR.
May 6th, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #1
- Ignoring the previous day's events entirely, Brianna Wu declares that Revolution 60 is "done" and has been submitted to Steam.
- Brianna once again declares that she's worried about "GamerGate targeting her game."
- Brianna indicates that price listed is not the actual one in a later tweet.
May 10th, 2016
- Another delay, this one purportedly due to a clerical error.
- Brianna Wu later posts a screenshot indicating that the game has secured a store page and will be available soon.
- Brianna Wu attempted later this day to get reviewers on YouTube to cover the game, apparently unaware of how badly she had botched this same tactic previously.
May 13th, 2016
- Brianna Wu once again discusses launching Revolution 60 on a heretofore unlisted platform (in this case, Linux).
May 16th, 2016
- Brianna Wu claims "Marketing prep" is being done for Revolution 60, and that it's close to launch.
- No mention of missing Deadline #9.
May 18th, 2016 - LAUNCH ABORTED
- After claiming delays due to "clerical errors," Brianna Wu moves the release date to June.
- This flies in the face of Wu's earlier statement that the game had already been submitted to Steam, indicating once more that she lied.
June 1st, 2016
- Brianna Wu once again labels harassment as a reason the game may be delayed.
- This was roughly a day before the Kickstarter Backer Revolt began.
June 2nd, 2016
- This occurred when Brianna Wu ran an infamous short stream that only a few dozen users got to see. It was streamripped by the Kiwi Farms, and recorded for posterity.
- The stream was clearly in response to the Kickstarter Backer Revolt happening; less than 24 hours elapsed.
- There is considerable evidence to suggest that this incident was a publicity stunt. The video of the chat indicates that the "Gamergate Trolls" were allowed to talk unopposed for several minutes, whilst Brianna Wu's nemesis, GethN7, was banned immediately upon entry.
June 16th, 2016
- The game has been declared "done" repeatedly or very near it over 14 times since August of 2014.
- This tweet occurred around the same time Brianna Wu was declaring the need for a new version of Revolution 60 for VR and Oculus Rift.
August 4th, 2016 - DEADLINE #10
- The game has now been unreleased for two years.
- Brianna Wu claims that the game will be given to IOS and steam within two weeks.
August 16th, 2016
- Brianna has been much more aggressive in pursuing getting the game out as of late - presumably because the Kickstarter Backer Revolt has been pushing so hard to hold Giant Spacekat accountable if it fails to deliver.
- This marks the fourth time Brianna Wu has purportedly pitched the game to Apple for an IOS release.
August 17th, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #2
- For the first time... Well, ever, Brianna Wu gives us an actual release date - August 29th, assuming all goes well.
- Humorously, the game is under her husband's name.
August 18th, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #3-4
- A confirmation of the release date - Revolution 60: Special Edition purportedly releases August 29th!
- Less than an hour later, Brianna would change the date for no apparent reason, and changing the date to August 30th.
- Literally more than two years after the original launch date, but it would have come to a conclusion just shy of the date outlined in the Kickstarter Backer Revolt.
August 29, 2016 - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCEMENT #5
- On 29th August (the release date given in her previous announcement) Brianna posts on twitter that the release date will now be September 6th. However this time it is apparently LOCKED so it is sure not to be postponed again like the other zillion release announcements.
September 6, 2016 - ACTUAL RELEASE
- Revolution 60 is made available for purchase, over 2 years after its initial deadline.
- A bug on Steam's end made it impossible to actually purchase the game at first - not long later, Wu got the situation cleared and properly put the game on the market.
- The game has a number of major bugs but is still a vast improvement over the IOS version.
- Kiwi Farms - Edited Revolution 60 Icon
- Giant SpaceKat Studios - Revolution 60
- JaimArchive - Revolution 60 Special Edition Trailer
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Laptop Issues
- Kickstarter - Revolution 60 Comments Turn Hostile
- Steam Database - "Unknown App" page for Revolution 60
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - It's Happening
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Pre-Made Assets
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Revolution 60 Store Page
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Revolution 60 looking for YouTube Reviewers
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Brianna Claims All Popular Youtubers are White
- Youtube Copy of the Revolution 60 Stream
- HoskStation's Medium - Additional Evidence that Giant Spacekat is a Scam Artist
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Under Frank's Name
- Brianna Wu's Twitter - Revolution 60 Actually Purchasable Now